Blackheads appear due to the oil and sebum blocked in skin pores. The excess secretion of oil expands and thickens the pores resulting in blackheads. Blackheads commonly appear on chin, around nostrils and forehead. Improper cleansing cause the dead cells and bacteria to sink deep into pores. If blackheads are not removed they might cause pimples and acne. Trying to squeeze them is not the right method to get rid of blackheads as it might cause open pores and scars.
There are many treatments and products available to remove blackheads. It should not be difficult to achieve clear skin with proper care.
Here are some easy tips to prevent and get rid of blackheads:
The most easy way is to wash your face with a good cleanser at least twice a day. If your skin is very oily keep splashing plain water on your face. This way you will get rid of any dust that might block your pores. Remember that using cleansers excessively is going to increase the oil production making your face more oily.
After cleansing, use a mild gentle scrub to deep cleanse your pores. Scrubs or exfoliators are great to remove dead skin accumulated on the skin. Gently massage the scrub, its rough texture will soften the pores and remove blackheads. Make sure you don’t over scrub your face as it will dry out your skin, increasing oil excretion.
Another effective way to remove blackheads is by steaming your face. Getting a facial steam at home or with the doctor should clear your skin. Start with a clean face with no dirt or make up. Just boil a pot of water, you may add lemon or any herb to get a soothing feel on your skin. Once it comes to boil, remove from heat.
Lower your face on top of the steam that is coming out of the water. Keep a towel on your head to lock in the steam. Make sure your face is at a distance from the water as it might burn your skin.
Your skin will feel soft after few minutes. Now, pat dry with a towel. You can steam your face once a week.
The steam will open up pores. You can now apply a mask to remove blackheads and whiteheads that are not thoroughly removed with plain washing. Read the instructions before applying the mask. Leave it on your face for 15 – 20 minnutes or as directed.
The easiest way to remove toxins from your body is by drinking fluids. In the morning before breakfast, add lemon or honey in water and drink it. This will flush away body toxins which create skin problems. Avoid coffee, artificially flavored juices and tea as it removes water from your body. To keep your skin smooth and clear naturally, drink water throughout the day.
Blackheads removing strips:
These strips are easily available at any drugstore. Cleanse your face and place the strip on the nose. Read the instructions and wait for few minutes as directed. Now gently peel off the strip from the corner. You will notice black dots on the strips which are the blackheads that are removed. To prevent blackheads from coming back, follow a regular cleansing and exfoliating routine.
Always Remove Makeup:
The most common mistake that we all do is not removing makeup with a makeup remover. Washing your face with a facial cleanser (unless it has makeup removing properties) will not clean your skin from the makeup that has set into your pores. Clean all the makeup with a remover then wash your face. Also, never sleep with the makeup on. If you are feeling too lazy to remove makeup, just wipe your face with a facial wipe.
Also, here are some simple steps to prevent blackheads:
1) Change your pillowcase as often as possible. The oil and sebum produced by your hair can accumulate on the pillow and comes in contact with your face.
2) Avoid heavy moisturizer. Use oil free moisturizers.
3) In summer, wear light make up. Avoid heavy foundations, use oil free foundations.
4) Avoid using creamy products on your face.
5) Use oil controlling toner after washing your face. Toner will close any open pores and tighten them.
5) If you find blackheads not easy to remove, seek professional help.
You might also like:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Reader Rating: 0 Votes