Just like apples, apple cider vinegar is full of vitamins, enzymes, amino acids and minerals such as potassium ,chlorine, copper, sodium and iron. It is a great source of potassium which is vital for our body to repair and replace dead cells and tissues. Pure organic apple cider vinegar is very rich in potassium. There is no other better source of potassium.
Most of us have heard about its benefits but dont know how to use it properly. It has many health benefits and cure for allergies, sinus, high cholestrol, flu, sore throat, arthritis, indigestion, asthma, osteoporosis, kidney stones and acid reflux. Apple cider vinegar is also known for curing chronic skin conditions such as acne, rosacea when taken internally or applied externally.
The best way to get its benefits is to drink it with water which works like a detox. It will make you feel energetic, boost immune system, reduce allergies and improve digestion which will ultimately lead to better skin and hair. We often spend a lot of money on topical medications for acne which are a total waste most of the time. Instead, keeping yourself healthy from the inside can reduce many ailments such as acne.
Externally it is used as a scalp and dandruff treatment because of its anti fungal properties. It is too strong to use directly and has an unpleasant scent therefore you should dilute it with water. It is proven effective for treating acne, rosacea and even dermatitis when applied on skin.
Here are few tips for using apple cider vinegar:
1) Dilute 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it everyday. However, it has been known to break tooth enamel over time therefore brush your teeth right after you drink the water.
2) Apple cider vinegar is anti inflammatory and anti bacterial. It is used for treating mild acne. Dilute it with water and use it as a toner on your skin. Dab a cotton pad and apply on your skin
3) If you have stayed under the sun for too long without protection then apple cider vinegar is great for curing sun burns. Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it to the affected area. It will relieve pain and prevent peeling. You can also use this method for relieving itchy skin.
4) For treating dandruff and itchy scalp use it after shampooing your hair. Mix 1 part of apple cider vinegar with 2 parts of water and use it as final rinse. Do not wash it and let it dry.
5) Note:If you have sensitive skin or any health issue, make sure to consult a doctor before using apple cider vinegar.
What are your thoughts and experiences on using apple cider vinegar?
Image source: Google Images