Along with your own hygiene, it’s very important to keep tools of daily use clean as well. Your hairbrush is a trap of germs, dust, conditioner, old hair, and oils. It may not seem like a big deal but clean brushes help the way you style your hair and keep your hair fluff free. You should clean your brush at least once every two weeks. It’s really easy and takes only a few minutes.
Here are some easy methods to clean your hair brushes and combs:
- First, remove all the hair with your finger or a toothpick. Pick out as much hair as you can. You can also use a comb to remove hair in between the bristles.
- For the remaining bits of hair and debris, soak the brush under warm tap water. Baby shampoo is really good for cleaning hair and makeup brushes. Dab a small amount of baby shampoo on the bristles of the brush.
- Rub the comb on brush bristles and gently remove trapped debris. Make sure not to rub the comb too hard because bristles of brush might fall out.
- Finally, rinse both the brush and comb. Dry on a towel.
- You can also soak your brush and comb in a mug filled with warm water and shampoo. it will soften the hair and dirt trapped in the bristles.
- Vinegar and baking soda are also excellent for cleaning household items. Pour half cup of vinegar in half cup of warm water and soak your comb/brush in it. Wait until stray hair and dirt are loose. It will take about 15-20 minutes. Rinse and dry on a towel.
- Similarly, mix baking soda and warm water. Follow the method above.
- For cleaning combs, take an old tooth-brush and apply some toothpaste or shampoo. You can even use soap for this method. It’s really easy and toothbrush with its hard bristles removes all the dirt from combs.
After brushing every time, remove hair from your hairbrush or comb. This will prevent hair from getting trapped and gathering dirt. You don’t want to put back dirt and oil every time you brush so make it a habit of dumping hair that falls out and gets trapped in comb and brushes.