Most of us experience dry skin during the winter but there are many who have dry skin throughout the year. You may notice white patches on your face and body along with itchy skin. Dry skin needs extra care as you can get wrinkles ,fine lines,flakes and irritating conditions. Caring for dry skin doesn’t have to be difficult.
Here are some basic care tips for dry skin.
Wash your face twice a day, morning and night. Don’t use soap as it is harsh and over dries your skin. Instead use perfume free gel or cream cleansers for your face and body. Also, avoid using too hot water because it dries out your skin.
Dry skin tends to get flaky and in order to remove dead cells and flakes, it is important to regularly exfoliate your skin. You should exfoliate twice a week with a mild and gentle exfoliator to avoid irritation.
Alcohol free toner:
Tone your face after washing.Use an alcohol free toner as alcohol makes your skin dry and cause irritation. Toning will close your pores after cleansing.
Dry skin needs extra rich moisturizers.You may use a rich moisturizer in winter and light moisturizer in summer. Shop for moisturizers that contain ingredients like herbal extracts,beeswax,glycerin and water.
Drink plenty of water and follow a healthy diet. Include fish in your diet to get omega 3. Also, flax seed contains essential fatty acids that can make your dry skin soft and smooth. Avoid drinking too much coffee and tea as they remove water from your body.
You might also like:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Reader Rating: 0 Votes