Eyebrows are an important feature of your face which works like a frame for your eyes. The way you shape your brows lifts your eyes, make them appear bigger or smaller and narrow or widen your face. For shaping your brows, you can choose from waxing, threading or tweezing/plucking. Always guide your natural shape and never over pluck. Thin brows will make you look older. Unlike the 90’s modern brows are bigger and thick.
How to shape:
- Start with the inner edge of your brow. Your brow must be lined up with your nostril to get the exact shape hold a pencil parallel to the side of the bridge of your nose.
- Brush the inner edge with a brow brush or an old mascara wand. Brush upwards and any hair that stands longer than your natural hair line must be trimmed.
- Highest point of your brow is the arch. To determine your arch, hold the pencil diagonally from your nostril to the outer corner of the iris of your eye.
- To mark where your brow should end hold the pencil like you did for the arch. Align it diagonally from your nostril to the outer corner of your eye. So, basically these are the three points of your eyebrows. Mark these points with a brow pencil and start tweezing, threading or waxing.
Different methods for shaping eyebrows:
Plucking your eyebrows with a tweezer is the easiest way to remove hair. This method is best for maintaining and grooming your brow shape. If your get your brows done professionally and within a few days you see few hair growing back then its very easy to pluck them at home. The best time to pluck is after shower. Your pores are open and make it easier to remove hair. Remove only a line of hair not more than that.
It’s a centuries old technique originating from the Middle East and South Asia. Cotton thread is used for removing hair. The thread is twisted into a loop and rolled on skin very quickly. Hair gets trapped into the loop and the fast action pulls hair from roots. Since it removes hair from the follicle so it’s a long lasting hair removal technique.
Eyebrow threading removes a line of hair all at once giving your brows a more defined look. Usually, it takes three to four weeks for hair to grow back. This technique is slightly tricky and requires a lot of practice to get complete control of thread. You can learn this and save a lot of money by threading your eyebrows at home because all you need is only thread.
It is best for sensitive skin because no chemicals are used and the skin is not affected unlike waxing. It may be uncomfortable for a few seconds. For many, its less painful than waxing.
Waxing is ideal for bushy or thick brows. This method is also used for very fine or frizzy hair that’s hard to pluck. It involves applying a thin layer of hot or cold wax on unwanted hair. A paper or cloth strip is placed on it and rapidly pulled off. It pulls off hair from follicle. It is best for defining arches and removing hair from the brow bone. Avoid this method if you have sensitive skin because it involves stretching and pulling skin especially around the eye area.
Image source: http://pinterest.com/
You might also like:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Reader Rating: 2 Votes