A lot of us struggle with our eye makeup application because sometimes it’s time-consuming and messy. Especially, if it involves winged eyeliner and making both the wings even is a task. From perfecting the eyeliner to plumping eyelashes, we have it all covered in the tips below.
Here are some of the top eye makeup hacks:
1. Heat your eyelash curler with a hair dryer before curling your eyelashes. Just like we use hot tools on our hair, we can also use heated eyelash curlers to help our eyelashes curl better.
2. To make your eyes appear bigger, line your waterline with a white pencil instead of black eyeliner. You can also use a nude eye pencil to create the illusion of bigger eyes.
3. Whether you want to master the perfect eyeliner flick or smokey eyeshadow, use tape or sticky notes as a guide. For a smokey eye, when you remove the tape or sticky note, lightly blend the corner to remove the harsh line.
4. Get the eyelash plumping effect of a high-end mascara with your favorite mascara by following this tip. For thicker eyelashes, dust some translucent powder or baby powder in between the coats of mascara.
5. Brighten up your eyes by applying a shimmery eyeshadow on the inner corner. The shimmery eyeshadow will reflect light and make your eyes appear bigger. You can also add the same eyeshadow on your brow bone.
6. Your brows are frames for your eyes, so make sure they are well groomed. Use a pencil or eyeshadow powder that’s a shade lighter than your natural brow hair color. Sometimes, a pencil can look a bit harsh and make your eyebrows look like they are drawn on. To avoid that, use an old clean mascara brush or a spooly brush to comb your brows.
7. Don’t have eyeliner gel? Simply, heat the tip of eye pencil with a match or lighter to melt it into an eyeliner gel. Use a liner brush or angled brush to apply it.
8. To make sure all your eyelashes are covered with mascara, hold a business card above your lashes and apply mascara. This will make sure that lashes are curled and covered with mascara.
9. If your eyeliner has dried or gone missing, use your mascara as an eyeliner. Simply, dip your eyeliner brush in the mascara tube and apply.
10. Eyelash glue can be messy to apply. Instead of applying the glue directly from the tube, first, apply some glue on a bobby pin and then apply that on fake lashes.
11. Most of us aren’t too sure about wearing fake eyelashes or think they might look too overdone. Use individual eyelashes as they are easy to apply and seem natural. You can add more eyelashes depending on the occasion.