How often do you wash your hair? Is it daily, once every other day, or once a week? According to health experts, washing your hair daily does more harm than good. This habit is time-consuming and can dry your hair out, especially if you don’t use conditioner. The best thing you can do is to adjust your grooming routine based on your hair type.
Is It Bad To Wash Your Hair Every day?
Some people have a dry scalp and oily hair. Some have oily hair and oily, flaky scalp. Others have greasy hair and scalp. Sweating, pollution, and styling products can affect your hair too. Thus, there is no one-size-fits-all solution to hair care. It all comes down to your needs.
For most people, daily hair washing is counterproductive. Every time you do it, you’re washing away sebum. This natural oil serves as a barrier on your scalp, protecting it from external factors. As a result, your scalp produces more sebum to compensate for what was washed away. The more often you wash your hair, the greasier it gets.
Train Your Hair to Be Grease-Free
1. The good news is that you can train your scalp to produce less sebum. This can be done in several ways. First of all, stop using shampoo every time you wash your hair. Stick to conditioner for a few days. Only apply shampoo once or twice a week.
2. Consider using a dry shampoo. This product can make oily hair look amazing instantly. When washing your hair, only condition the ends.
3. Avoid styling creams with oils, and stop touching your hair all the time. Pull it back as often as possible, especially when you’re working out.
4. If you have greasy roots, apply baby powder to absorb excess sebum.
5. Limit the number of products you use on your hair, including gels, hairspray, and styling foam.
These simple lifestyle changes will make your hair look fabulous without the need to wash it daily.