Frizzy hair can be sometimes annoying. However, if you establish the right routine, you can easily de-frizz your hair. That said, here are 10 helpful tips that will help you get rid of all those frizzy strands.
1. Don’t wash your hair too often
Frequent washing of your hair can cause all those essential oils to be stripped away, thus leading to frizz. If your hair is naturally oily, use a dry shampoo instead to extend the time between washes.
2. Use a sulfate-free shampoo
That said, you should opt for a sulfate-free shampoo, as most shampoos on the market contain sulfates which can only peel away nutrients and oils from your hair. Try using the Pure Fiji coconut milk shampoo as it can effectively remove dirt buildup on your hair while nourishing your hair and scalp at the same time.
3. Don’t forget to use a conditioner
A good conditioner will make sure that moisture can easily penetrate into the strands of your hair. By sealing your hair cuticle and preventing humidity from getting into your hair, you can maintain a frizz-free hair.
4. Use a hair mask at least once a week
Mask your hair at least once a week to keep your hair moisturized and frizz-free. If you can’t afford to go to the salon, you can try this DIY method instead:
- Mash up a ripe banana then combine it with one tbsp. honey and 2 tbsp. plain yogurt.
- Apply the mixture to your damp hair and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Afterward, simply rinse completely. Don’t forget to apply shampoo and conditioner.
5. Go for alcohol-free hair products
Alcohol can cause the hair cuticle to swell, thereby causing frizz. The sad thing is, even the best-selling hair products on the market contain alcohol which can only make your hair frizzier. Make sure you only use hair styling products that have the alcohol-free label.
6. Prevent overwashing with shampoo
Washing and shampooing your hair every day is actually a bad idea, especially if you have frizzy hair. As much as possible, only use shampoo every other day or even go without using shampoo and just use water instead.
7. Use low-heat settings on your styling tools
Using high-heat settings will cause the cuticles to swell. Therefore, it’s recommended to adjust it to a low-heat setting, preferably around 365 degrees Fahrenheit to avoid or minimize frizz.
8. Avoid blow-drying your wet hair
If your hair is soaking wet, then don’t blow dry it just yet. Allow it to be at least 70% dry before you even start blow drying. This is because too much hot air will cause your strands to dehydrate, thus leading to frizz.
9. Don’t ever rub your hair with a towel
Doing a towel rub on your hair will only introduce unnecessary friction that can do more harm than good to your hair. Instead, use your hands and gently squeeze any water on your hair before leaving it to dry naturally.
10. Use a pre-shampoo hair treatment before taking a dip in the pool
Yet another DIY method for keeping your hair frizz-free is to use natural coconut milk. It can be a really effective pre-shampoo treatment even before you go swimming. Here’s how:
- Combine 1-2 tbsps of melted coconut oil, 1 cup of filtered water, and 3-5 drops of lavender oil.
- Put the mixture in a spray bottle and shake well before using.
- Make sure your hair is dry or slightly damp before spraying.
Frizzy hair can ruin your look and even damage your hair in the long run. By learning how to tame your frizz, you can have frizz-free and smooth hair that will surely improve your overall appearance.