The after effects of acne are not easy, if it’s not controlled in the early stages, the resulting scars can take a very long time to fade away. Here are some easy natural remedies to get rid of acne scars:
- Wash your face at least two times a day to remove dirt, oil and bacteria. Do not use harsh soaps and cleansers. Use mild cleansers that contain scar reducing ingredients such as tea tree oil or salicylic acid. The more you wash your face, your skin will produce more oil. Therefore, avoid over drying your face.
- Never pick or pop pimples on your face. I know, it’s very tempting but the fact is that popping pimples leave a crack which appears as scar.
- Acne is related to your internal health and other factors such as hormonal imbalance. It is best to see a dermatologist who can recommend you oral medication.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables to remove body toxins and free radicals. Also, don’t forget to drink at least 12 to 15 glasses of water a day.
Want to try something natural for your skin?
Here are some natural homemade easy remedies to get rid of acne scars:
Citric acid in lemon is helpful to get rid of acne scars. Lemon juice, taken internally or applied on skin, benefits equally. Drink lemon water( squeeze a lemon in a glass of water) before your breakfast. It will remove toxins from your body. Lemon juice is also applied on the skin. Soak a cotton ball in lemon juice and gently message the cotton ball on scars. The acidity will lighten the scars. Let it stay on for 20 minute then rinse your face with water. Do not go out in the sun with lemon juice on your face as it may irritate the skin and cause hyper-pigmentation.
Baking soda is an excellent exfoliater, which helps to unclog pores and kills bacteria that cause acne. Make a thick paste of baking soda with water. Apply it to your face and let it sit for 5 minutes then rinse your skin well with warm water. Use this remedy daily.
Drinking honey in water helps to reduce scars. Honey also makes your skin smooth and clean.
Egg whites have healing qualities which help to reduce scars and marks. Use a cotton ball to massage egg white on your skin. Leave it on for 20 minutes then wash with warm water. This will reduce oiliness and make your pores tight.
You might also like:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Reader Rating: 2 Votes