Your pores are always there sitting on your skin. However, when they get too large, they may become too noticeable and can even cause oil, dirt, and other impurities to accumulate and get clogged. So the question is, how can you shrink your large pores?
Fortunately, you can do so by simply following these 10 effective tips:
1. Use an exfoliant, either physical such as a facial scrub or chemical such as an alcohol-free glycolic serum regularly. Exfoliants will help remove any dry surface cells to prevent the openings of your pores from getting too deep.
2. Vacuum-clean your skin by using a mask or a charcoal face wash. Since charcoal is known for its ability to bind with grime then extract it from your pores, it can be a quite effective method for keeping your pore size small.
3. Tighten your pores by using skin products that contain ingredients such as yeast extract which is known for strengthening pore walls, causing them to decrease their diameter.
4. Apply sunscreen on the regular basis. Excessive exposure to sunlight will break down your skin’s collagen which causes your skin to stretch, which in turn will lead to larger pores after repeated exposure. By applying a sunscreen lotion with at least SPF 30 every morning, you can prevent enlarged pores from occurring in the first place.
5. Apply retinol-based products such as the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum on your skin as they decrease the cohesiveness of your epidermal cells, thus removing all of the debris that got stuck in your pores.
6. Make sure to keep your face clean at all times. It simply means cleansing it at least twice a day using a pH-balanced cleanser.
7. A paste made of 2 tbsp lemon juice and a few cold cucumber slices can reduce the number of large pores and even improve your skin complexion. Simply apply the mixture on your face then leave it on for about 15 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
8. Tighten any open pores by blending a few watermelon cubes with 2 tbsp honey. Refrigerate for an hour then apply the cold pack all over your face. Since watermelon contains a lot of vitamins and minerals along with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, it can effectively reduce enlarged pores and even lighten your skin complexion.
9. If you work out, wipe your face with towelettes moistened with salicylic acid and gentle cleansers to prevent sweat from clogging your pores. It’d be a wise idea to keep a pair in your gym bag for added convenience.
10. Use a few cold tomato slices then gently rub them into your face for around 3-4 minutes at least once a day. Doing so will protect your skin from sun damage which can lead to enlarged pores due to its lycopene content which is a natural antioxidant. It also has a small amount of salicylic acid which can dry up any excess oil, thus preventing and even eradicating blackheads and acne.