Morning makeup routine should be kept minimal. Without using much colour and products, a light and glowing face will make you look awake. In the morning, whether you’re going to school, work or just running errands you don’t want to look too dull and sleepless with those dark circles.
Here is a basic quick morning makeup routine with some affordable product picks:
It’s best to use a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. A tinted moisturizer is nourishing and gives you a sheer coverage. It provides a natural glow without looking too heavy for the day time. if you’re someone who don’t like to wear foundation everyday or has no time for it, tinted moisturizer is made for you. You don’t need a brush, sponge or any tool to apply it. Simply apply it like your moisturizer with your fingers. Lightly blend it in circular motion. Some affordable tinted moisturizer picks are:
- Olay CC Cream – Total Effects Tone Correcting Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15, $9.86
- No7 Soft & Sheer Tinted Moisturizer SPF15 Medium, $11.99
- L’Oreal Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator SPF 15, $5.82
- Olay Fresh Effects Bb Cream! Skin Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer With Sunscreen, $11.29
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, SPF 30, $13.49
- CoverGirl Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer, $6.24
- Mary Kay Tinted Moisturizer With Sunscreen SPF 20, $8.05
Cover up those bags. Dot some concealer on blemishes, and under eye area. Start in the inner corner of your eye and lightly pat it with your ring finger. Don’t rub it or it will wipe away. Covering up dark circles with concealer will instantly make your face appear healthy and fresh.
- Maybelline New York Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer, Radiant, $2.48
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Concealer, Medium/Deep Warm, $7.52
- Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector, $4.44
- No7 Stay Perfect? Blemish Cover medium, $9.99
- Physicians Formula Conceal RX Physicians Strength Concealer, $5.47
- RIMMEL MATCH PERFECTION CONCEALER SAND, $3.00
- CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Concealer, $6.38
If you have oily skin, use a mattifying powder to keep your skin oil free for longer.
- Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder Transparent, $10.03
- Sally Hansen Cornsilk Shineless Natural Matte Pressed Powder Makeup, No Color, $ 6.00
- Maybelline Shine Free – Loose Oil Control Loose Powder, $4.39
For your eyes, powder eyeshadow require blending so skip that and go for cream eyeshadows or jumbo eye pencils/crayons are in hype. On the eyelids, swipe the pencil or cream eyeshadow with your ring finger. Generously apply a few coats of your favorite mascara. Don’t forget your bottom lashes they need love too. Tightline with a black or kohl pencil if you like to add a bit of depth to your eyes.
- Almay Intense I Color Shadow Stick for Hazel Eyes, $4.74
- Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow, 4 Shades, Khaki Suede, $4.46
- Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner, Blackest Black, $7.99
- Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara By Lashblast, Very Black, $5.59
- Maybelline 24 Hour Eyeshadow, $5.59
- Revlon Color Stay Smoky Eyeshadow Stick, Torch, $5.39
- L’Oreal Paris Telescopic Original Mascara, Carbon Black, $7.78
- L’Oreal Paris Le Kohl Pencil Smooth Defining Eyeliner, Carbon Black, $5.79
For your cheeks and lips a single product is good to go. A cream blusher or something like lip and cheek stain will stay all day without rubbing off. Simply apply with your fingers.
- Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain – 01 Rose Pink, $12.60
- STILA Convertible Color Dual Lip & Cheek Cream – Peony, $5.99
- Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel, $10.05
- 100% Pure Lip & Cheek Tint – Sugar Plum Sheer, $12.00
- Stila Cheek and Lip Stain, Passionfruit Crush, $15.26
- theBalm – Stainiac Tinted Gel Blush – Beauty Queen, $13.02
Here is your finished morning makeup routine. This is just a simple guide for you. More or less everyone’s routine and products are different. So just go for whatever you’re comfortable in.
Note: When using makeup with your hands don’t dip your finger in the products as bacteria is more likely to grow . Take out some product on the back of your hand or dip a q tip in the products and apply on the back of your hand before working with your fingers.
What are your tips for a quick morning makeup routine?