Healthy teeth not only make you confident but it also makes you look beautiful and young. It can make a huge difference to your overall appearance. With your diet and age your teeth enamel gets thinner and more transparent making the inner layer appear darker. You should limit the amount of sweets and drinks that contain sugar. Also, limit the intake of coffee, tea and red wine. It’s not easy to eliminate these drinks from your diet but there’s a way to cut the effect on your teeth. You could try taking them from a straw. A straw can prevent the drink from coming into contact with your teeth.
Using some of these simple tips, anyone can achieve whiter teeth at home without much trouble.
- Most of us don’t know that salt is used for whiter and brighter teeth. It has been used for many years. The results are not immediate but its the easiest thing that you can do. Simply, sprinkle a pinch of common salt on your toothpaste and brush like you normally do.
- The fundamental step is to brush your teeth regularly. Its obvious but makes the most difference. Use a whitening toothpaste as it has a mild abrasive called silica. By brushing your teeth regularly you prevent the effect of foods that stain your teeth.
- Your diet plays an important role in the overall health of your teeth. Include lots of crunchy foods like carrots, apples and celery. They prevent accumulation of plaque.
- A bleaching agent called Malic acid is present in banana and strawberry. Eat fresh strawberries for 2 weeks for whiter teeth. You can also rub banana peel for similar results.
- Smoking is worst for your teeth. Tobacco causes stains that penetrate into the tooth enamel. The longer you smoke, the more it penetrates deeper.
- Baking soda is one of the strongest whitening ingredient out there. It’s also the safest because it’s an acid neutralizer that gently removes stains and buildup from the enamel. Usually, whitening toothpaste contains baking soda. If it’s already not present, you can sprinkle a bit on top of your toothpaste.
- Tooth whitening strips are very thin and coated with a peroxide base whitening gel. These strips are very easy to use and results start to show within a few days. The results with whitening strips may not be as dramatic as whitening kits but it last longer and anyone can use them easily.
Besides these, there are various other teeth whitening methods and over-the-counter products available like mouth wash, dental floss, whitening chewing gums etc.
Image is from Google Images.
You might also like:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Reader Rating: 2 Votes