Summer season is an exciting time for everyone. With plenty of activities to do, it is imperative to relax and enjoy every moment while having a stress-free time doing all of them at once.
It is indeed a season of fun and exciting time with lots of wonderful things to do. However, this is also a difficult time to all the ladies who might get stressed out with melting makeup, smeared eyeliner, or a sticky lipstick due to the hot temperature and humidity that the summer season brings.
While doing a long-lasting makeup is hard, the muggy and hot temperature during summer adds to the overall difficulty. Fortunately, you can make your makeup heat and humidity-proof by following these tips:
1. Prepare your skin before doing makeup. This is the first and most important thing to consider when applying a makeup during hot seasons. Clean your face by removing oil and sweat.
2. A proper base is a good start. Make a thorough cleansing of your face by using oil to remove and break down dirt. Next, apply a toner, an oil-free SPF lotion, and a water-based moisturizer to get the job done.
3. Primer is important. If you are not a fan of primer, better change your mind and start reconsidering during the summer season. This makeup base can effectively make your makeup last longer and leave you with a smoother and perfect complexion.
4. Consider a proper bronzer application. With hot temperature and high humidity, it is recommended to apply bronzer to the upper part of your face which is naturally exposed to the sun. This will include your forehead, nose, chin, and cheekbones. Proper application will result in a brighter look.
5. Use cream-based makeup over powder. A cream-based makeup is ideal in a hot and humid weather as it prevents your makeup from melting down. Creams cling to the skin better than powder as it actually sticks to the skin compared to powder that merely sits on top.
6. Keep everything light. With this kind of weather, it is a must to make everything simple and light. The proper way to prevent your makeup from caking and creasing is to wear less of it. During summer, you can surely appreciate wearing less makeup than usual.
7. Use sprays over powder. Use setting sprays in your face instead of powder as the latter tends to be heavy and not comfortable to use during humid weather. There are a lot of setting sprays available that are specially formulated to create a long-lasting makeup.
8. A balm is in during summer. While it is hot, it is not advisable to use lipstick as applying it every hour is such a burden. Aside from lipstick, a gloss is a common alternative; however, it can dry out the lips in the long run, not to mention it’s uncomfortable and sticky. A non-glossy lip balm is the best alternative as it will condition the lips, and you don’t even have to worry about color changes.
9. Apply pomade and gels on your brows. Use your favorite brow pencil or powder as you like, but make sure to fix it in place with industrial strength brow gels to hold it firmly. For thin eyebrows, it is recommended to use pomade or wax-based brow products instead of powder or pencil.
10. Make your eyeshadow stick. An eye primer can minimize any creasing and build a base for the eyeshadow to cling so it will last all day. Another suggestion is to layer a powder over a cream. You can also use a regular pencil coupled with an angled brush to press dark shadow over the liner for a longer wear.
11. Avoid the shiny look. Everyone loves a good dewy look, but too much of it is not advisable. Avoid cream foundations and other products that are too luminous as the temperature will make your face extra shiny and sweaty-looking.
12. Use vibrant colors for a summery look. Your face should match your colorful summer dress and accessories during the summer. It is the perfect time to play with the vibrant colors on your makeup palette to get a summer vibe. There are many guidelines and tutorials that can be followed for a perfect and colorful summer shade.
13. Set and use waterproofed products if necessary. Summer coincides with swimming and other water-related activities. If you love swimming, you can use long-lasting weary products. You can also buy a waterproof mascara or have your eyelashes tinted.
14. Blotting papers comes in handy. Blotting papers can be used to absorb sweat from makeup before reapplying powder if necessary.
15. Keep all your makeup items in one purse. To avoid the hassle and unnecessary stress, stay prepared by keeping all your makeup items in a single purse.
Creating a long and lasting makeup can be tricky during summer time. Following the tips above will give you the basic essentials that will take your makeup last long with whatever activity you want to have in the summer.